Under the Lights by Abbi Glines
A Field Party Series #2
Genre: Young Adult Romance. Friends to Lovers. Sports Romance. Second Chances.
Release Date: August 23, 2016
Overall Rating: 5 stars
In the follow-up to Abbi Glines’s #1 New York Times bestseller Until Friday Night—which bestselling author Kami Garcia called “tender, honest, and achingly real”—three teens from a small southern town are stuck in a dramatic love triangle.
Willa can’t erase the bad decisions of her past that led her down the path she’s on now. But she can fight for forgiveness from her family. And she can protect herself by refusing to let anyone else get close to her.
High school quarterback and town golden boy Brady used to be the best of friends with Willa—she even had a crush on him when they were kids. But that’s all changed now: her life choices have made her a different person from the girl he used to know.
Gunner used to be friends with Willa and Brady, too. He too is larger than life and a high school football star—not to mention that his family basically owns the town of Lawton. He loves his life, and doesn’t care about anyone except himself. But Willa is the exception—and he understands the girl she’s become in a way no one else can.
As secrets come to light and hearts are broken, these former childhood friends must face the truth about growing up and falling in love…even if it means losing each other forever.
Abbi Glines brings her characters to life in her newest moving novel, Under the Lights. This book really touched my heart. There is a lot of things going on in it; fear, pain, friendship, love, and hate, but it adds so much to the book that I don’t know whether to describe it as heartbreaking or heartwarming. Maybe a little of both? Anyway, reading the back cover makes one think that this book has a love triangle. And, it kind of does but then again not really. I was surprised by how well Abbi handled these intertwining relationships and very pleased with how mature the characters behaved especially considering their life circumstances. So don’t let the idea of a love triangle scare you because honestly it is not what you think. With that being said, this is a beautiful and touching story that will bring tears to your eyes. It is well written, sweet, and emotional all mixed together. I can’t wait for the next book in the series and really look forward to hearing about more of her characters in the near future.
So. What is this one about?
Gunner, Brady, and Willow have a history of friendship. As kids, these three were inseparable and couldn’t stand to be away from each other. So when Willow is sent to live with her mother in Arkansas this tight bond crumbles. Many years later, when all three are in high school and they are reunited. But being back together isn’t as easy as one would think. After all, they are all facing some pretty big losses and hardships. And being together can either strengthen or weaken these three. So what happens when feelings begin to emerge? Can these three handle the hurdles? Or will their worlds continue to crash down right before their eyes? These are the things that face each and every one of these characters in the story and I think readers will enjoy being on the journey with them.
Overall, this is a wonderful book and I think Abbi Glines did a great job in telling Willa, Brady, and Gunner’s story. Hopefully we will get a bit more into one of the characters’ lives in the near future (I won’t say who because it would spoil the story). But that is definitely something to look forward to! With that being said, fans of Abbi Glines, fans of young adult romance, and fans of heartwarming emotional stories should definitely grab a copy of this book. I highly recommend it!
5 Pretty Little Stars
The Field Party Series
Note: This is a young adult/high school series and sports romance.
· Until Friday Night >> http://amzn.to/2c0PuCJ
· Under the Lights >> http://amzn.to/2civWg4
The Rosemary Beach Series
Note: This is a new adult series. Some standalone but most do not. You must read them in order.
· Fallen too Far (Rush and Blaire #1) >> http://amzn.to/2cObXJa
· Never too Far (Rush and Blaire #2) >> http://amzn.to/2c0QqqG
· Forever too Far (Rush and Blaire #3) >> http://amzn.to/2cA4qdy
· Rush too Far (Rush’s POV) >> http://amzn.to/2cg1ket
· Twisted Perfection (Della and Woods #1) >> http://amzn.to/2ca58BY
· Simple Perfection (Della and Woods #2) >> http://amzn.to/2c0PBOA
· Take a Chance (Harlow and Grant #1) >> http://amzn.to/2cuLRta
· One More Chance (Harlow and Grant #2) >> http://amzn.to/2cixjeE
· You were Mine (Bethy and Tripp) >> http://amzn.to/2cl6pAn
· Kiro’s Emily (Kiro and Emily) >> http://amzn.to/2cOdZcb (This is a freebie)
· When I’m Gone (Mase and Reese #1) >> http://amzn.to/2cOclYj
· When Your Back (Mase and Reese #2) >> http://amzn.to/2cg2jer
· The Best Goodbye (River and Rose) >> http://amzn.to/2cixjeT
· Up in Flames (Nan’s Story) >> http://amzn.to/2cmO2OC
The Seabreeze Series
Note: This is a new adult/young adult series of standalone novels (some interconnected)
· Breathe (Sadie and Jax) >> http://amzn.to/2cA4p9J
· Because of Low (Cage and Willow) >> http://amzn.to/2cOdhvz
· While it Lasts (Eva and Cage) >> http://amzn.to/2c6RaxF
· Just for Now (Amanda and Preston) >> http://amzn.to/2cqkpft
· Sometimes it Lasts (Cage and Eva) >> http://amzn.to/2cR7zoU
· Misbehaving (Jason and Jess) >> http://amzn.to/2cR7uBj
· Bad for You (Krit and Blythe) >> http://amzn.to/2cDBba5
· Hold on Tight (Dewayne and Sienna) >> http://amzn.to/2cR8tS6
· Until the End (Rock and Trisha) >> http://amzn.to/2cHjsNx
The Vincent Boys Series
· The Vincent Boys >> http://amzn.to/2cTFhgf
· The Vincent Brothers >> http://amzn.to/2ciXNur
The Existence Series
Note: This is a paranormal fantasy series
· Existence >> http://amzn.to/2cfeAUL
· Predestined >> http://amzn.to/2cpPL2w
· Ceaseless >> http://amzn.to/2cfeNXF