Purchase A Copy
Read my Book Review
Release Date: August 18, 2017
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Towards the middle of the book I got really scared that it was going in a direction I would not have liked. Thankfully, I was only put on edge for a little while and it didn't go that way. Wipes sweat of forehead"
WOAH!!! Cambria, you took me through the ringer with this one! I was so wrapped up in this book that I couldn't put it down for a second. I felt all the highs and all the lows. I was happy, sad, and chilled to the bone! It's simply put, that good! If your a fan of romantic suspense novels I would recommend grabbing a copy of this duet. It's free with a kindle unlimited subscription if you have one. It tells the story of a woman who has amnesia due to a horrific experience in her life (view spoiler) and finding the person responsible. Along the way, she finds love with a man named Eddie who may or may not be someone from her past and slowly begins to heal. But then like the twist of a knife, things come back to haunt her. Things that could change her life and her relationships forever...
Overall, I really enjoyed this novel (and the duet as a whole). Cambria Hebert is in the top 5 list of my favorite authors of all time and I devour her books like candy. Clearly, she is a fabulous writer otherwise I wouldn't say this. So grab a copy of these ones if you haven't already. They are fast paced (can be read in a day if you have some time laying around) emotional, dark, and so much more!
Things I liked:
- Despite the back and fourth going on in Amnesia's head, she has found true love in a man that she never thought she could have (for reasons pertaining to the plot, not that she's not good enough or deeply insecure)
- The love exuding from Eddie and the way he protects her until the bitter end. There are moments when readers are going to be hanging by the edge of their seats wondering which way his heart will pull him, but it's clear as day how real and powerful his feelings are. Cambria does a fantastic job at making us feel what he does.
- The sense of community love that pours from the townspeople
- The twist (I won't spoil it but I will admit I was scared for a little while as I didn't know how the twist was going to turn out)
- The ending (sigh, it was downright heartfelt and beautiful)
Things I Disliked
- I feel like both books were pretty intent on figuring out what exactly Amnesia was (is she Sadie, or not) but in the end, we are left in the dark. It would have been nice for her to get the closure from knowing who she truly was (and closure for myself, obvs. LOL) but it was missing :(
- I wanted to know what became of another character (can't say who, sorry!) but there wasn't much written about it here. It would have been a nice second epilogue in my opinion.